Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Life

Figured I'd combine a few posts here.

A little late, but Christmas lights!


Classic warm white is my favorite type of Christmas light. I'm not a big fan of LED Christmas lights. There are some good ones,  but they're hard to find. Flickering electric blue really just isn't the feel I want for Christmas. Sorry for the poor quality photo, little handheld camera without a tripod, so I had to boost the ISO a lot to keep it from getting blurry. It's a pretty good point-and-shoot, but shots like this need a tripod. Good OIS is a wonderful thing, and my camera does have that.

Speaker progress:

Sides are on. Now I just have to make the front tweeter module,
cut, bend, and mount the curved back pieces, and put the sides on.
Crossovers are wired, (need to be rewired though) separate high pass and low pass. I've already been wiring it up just for fun, and it's very efficient. A Walkman can drive it to a comfortable general listening level with ease.

Computer stuff:


When a GPU doesn't fit... I think I'm going to build an external GPU box for it so it's not exposed. Another option would be cutting a slot in my hard drive cage so it would fit, but I only have 5 hard drive mounts, so I don't really want to give up any.
(There's usually 4, and I don't even want to think about how many partitions...)
Or I could get a new case, but I like this case, so I don't really want to do that.
I've been running external GPU's a lot recently simply because for various reasons, mostly because they're just too big and don't fit. Note the PCI-E (2.0) extender.
Why hasn't NVIDIA released a single slot 750 Ti ? It would be perfect for a multi-purpose server.
Dual graphics cards are great. I can set one to render, and one to display so I can do other things while it's rendering, and it hardly slows down any! Or if I want maximum speed I can set them both to render.
Projectredwall.blogspot.com for recent work.

The shed's almost done. Waiting for a thaw.

Speaking of snow and cold and all that, I usually don't mind cold much, but 30 degrees and 15mph constant wind can get cold really fast when you're not dressed for it. At work two rooftop heaters went out the other day, and I had to go up and check things out, also replaced the filters while I was up there. The snow and ice had gotten into something, so once things warmed up they came back... Seems like that's how things often work.

Break has been good, but I'm looking forward to getting back to college and seeing my friends. My schedule is going to be tough though. I have classes at 08:30 every day, and I'm not a morning person... Oh well, I'll survive.

In other news... How does a battery terminal get that corroded !?


When I was cleaning it up, the clamp was so corroded it just snapped, and I had to replace the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment, I like feedback!