Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Audio system

I'm a bit of an audiophile, and was pretty excited when I got a chance to take home for a day a real honest-to-goodness Mcintosh amplifier! This is my current audio setup:

30 Watt Mcintosh amp

2 Polk monitor 40 speakers in parallel

Close up of the driver tube

Mcintosh amp end view
If you are wondering why the speakers are stacked on top of each other, and in parallel it's because this is a monoblock amplifier, and I only have one :( It still sounds great though. I've got the two eight ohm speakers connected in parallel so I could connect them to the four ohm tap on the amp. This is what I have been working on at my job, and I got to take it home to listen to it once I had fixed it. It had been rewired to some weird design with horrible distortion, and I had to rewire it to the original Mcintosh schematic, which took a while, and then I had to go through and troubleshoot what I did wrong, which took significantly longer!
At any rate, I've run hundreds of audio tracks through it in the short time I've been listening to it, and it sounds great! Now I have to take it back tomorrow...     ; /

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment, I like feedback!