Wednesday, August 15, 2012

CPU benchmarking

A while back I posted a video about replacing my CPU cooler and overclocking my CPU. It's currently running at about 3.42 GHz. It was originally a 2.4 GHz CPU, so this is a substantial overclock, especially considering it's using a $20 air cooler! I have been testing it out and having fun with it, I downloaded SuperPi, and ran their benchmarks. Interestingly enough, I had the fastest Intel Core 2 Quad Q6000 series processor!

I ran both the 1M benchmark and the 32 M benchmark, and here's where they came int:

32 M: http://www.superpi.net/Scores/?action=searchScores&test=-12&vendor=&platform=&series=Core+2+Quad+Q6000+series&rpp=20

1 M: http://www.superpi.net/Scores/?action=searchScores&test=-7&vendor=&platform=&series=Core+2+Quad+Q6000+series&rpp=20


On the other hand, people with i7's and i5's are doing it in about half the time mine will, but that's a different matter. I did find it interesting that different CPU's with comparable clock speeds and memory could have such vastly different results. Another interesting thing to note was that my CPU was faster than the fastest AMD CPU! (It was a floating point test)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment, I like feedback!