Thursday, September 29, 2011

Audio Mixing

I've been pretty busy lately. One of the things I've been doing is mixing down the recordings for the Strawberry/Harvest Festivals. I've got it set up so that I'm using Reaper  on windows 7 as my software, my HD16CD as the control surface, and it makes a pretty nice DAW setup. One of the problems I have is that I could spend hours on mixing a single track! As I have about six hours of audio to go through, I can't do that! I have to spend a minimum of time to get the maximum out of the raw audio tracks that I have. The nice thing is that usually once I have the effects set, (say the piano mic needs a low cut filter) it's a  one time set. (for the most part, I might have to tweak it a little). Below is one of the tracks that I recorded live.



For effects I've been using EQ, compression, and reverb.

The main problem I'm having is the background noise. People talking in the background, and white noise. The mics I was using were dynamic mics sent through about 75 feet of cable, except for one studio condenser, but it still had to go through about 75 feet of cable as well. Still, considering the situation, I think it's sounding pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment, I like feedback!