Friday, September 16, 2011

Banjo photos

Well, I said a post or two ago that I would post photos at some point, so here they are! 

Below is a photo of the red oak from Home Depot

Detail of the red oak. The knot looks rather interesting.

Bolivian Rosewood from Bell forest Products.com

Below are two photos for texture / colour comparison
I couldn't decide which photo I liked better, so I uploaded both.
Bottom: Bolivian Rosewood with clear shellac
Left: Red oak with clear shellac
Right: Red oak with oil based finish
The tops of the red oak pieces are unfinished.

The camera tended to give these a slightly warmer than natural look, but they give a good idea of what they look like.
I really enjoy working with nice wood, which this is. I hope I can do a good job with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment, I like feedback!