Thursday, August 25, 2011

Earthquake

On Tuesday I experienced my first major earthquake, maybe not major where I was, but still quite exciting. The bench I was sitting on started vibrating, getting harder. I stood up, and looked at the van and it was rocking back and forth, and when I looked back at the bench, it was twisting! By that time everything was shaking, and then it just quieted down and stopped. Later I turned on the radio (several hours later) and they were doing nothing but talking about the earthquake. For all I know they are still talking about it! Apparently it was a 5.9 magnitude earthquake that caused some minor damage. Luckily none the damage seems to be major.
 Anyway, it was very interesting, and I'm glad we don't have very many earthquakes around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment, I like feedback!